Developing Phonics Practice using Phonics Shed
Full day session: £950 + vat
Half day session: £450 + vat
2 x Twilight sessions: £350 + vat each
In this session, staff will be introduced to the Phonics Shed teaching sequence from Chapter 1 in Early Years through to Chapter 4c.
- An introduction to the Phonics Shed teaching sequences.
- Chapter sequence
- Lesson sequence
- Firm foundations
- Chapter 1 and the 9 elements
- Colourful characters
- Chapters 2 and 3
- Introducing grapheme-phoneme correspondences through the Phonics Shed characters.
- Blending and Segmenting
- Integrating Phase 4 (Letters and Sounds, 2007) skills across Chapters 2 and 3.
- Chapter 4a, b and c
- Alternative graphemes and applying phonics knowledge to spelling of longer words